Despite 2020 being a challenging year for everyone, our First Bank teams continued to support the communities in which we serve in whatever manner possible. Although our volunteer efforts looked a little different than normal due to the pandemic, our charitable giving amounts still demonstrated our strong commitment. Notably, First Bank’s charitable giving equaled $586,899 and The First Bank Foundation amount was $439,350, for a combined total of $1,026,249. It’s no doubt First Bank’s long-standing spirit of community giving is still alive and well.
Below is just a snapshot of First Bank’s initiatives to support the people and the businesses in our communities.
- Earlier in 2020, First Bank’s phenomenal Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) teams worked around-the-clock to submit 2,406 loans on behalf of our business clients in their time of need.
- We supported many organizations across our footprint, including The United Way of Greater Saint Louis, Prosperity Connection, St Louis Community Foundation, Kipp St. Louis, Amer-I-Can Foundation, Oasis Center International, Habitat for Humanity of Orange County, and Saddleback High School in Santa Ana, CA, just to name a few.
- First Bank Cares, a program for employees and funded by employees, was founded to help financially support fellow employees in their time of need. This was formed after ongoing requests from colleagues on how to help their fellow co-workers.
- First Bank received re-certification on our Thrive Checking product as a National Bank On product. Read more at First Bank’s Thrive Checking Earns Bank On’s National Account Standards.
- In conjunction with the St. Louis Blues and the hockey season, we made a donation of $5,292 to the Greater St. Louis Honor Flight. The Greater St. Louis Honor Flight provides a one-day, all-expenses paid trip for World War II, Korean War, and Vietnam War veterans to Washington, DC to visit the memorials built in their honor.
- First Bank proudly announced the Education Technology Initiative. We partnered with 13 schools to help fund the technology expenses that the pandemic and subsequent virtual instruction brought them. Read more at First Bank Commits to Technology in Education.
- In November, First Bank provided financing to The Bay Area Rescue Mission to build a new homeless women and children’s shelter. Take a moment to read what this non-profit client did to help feed families for the Thanksgiving holiday.
- The Operations team partnered with the Community Action Agency of St. Louis County, Inc. (CAASTLC) and adopted four families. Aside from many gifts purchased for the families, our employees donated over $2,500 to complete the wish lists, help pay for utilities, and provide some financial relief.
From our origination over 100 years ago as a community bank, we have remained dedicated to being a strong and reliable corporate neighbor. We look forward to continuing this commitment through our bank’s ongoing volunteerism efforts and financial resources, as well as through the inspiring community partners with whom we collaborate to support the health and vibrancy of our neighborhoods. For more information regarding our community support, please contact First Bank’s Community Affairs Department or visit www.first.bank.