Effective: May 25, 2021
At First Bank your privacy is important to us.
We are committed to the responsible use and protection of your information. This Online Privacy Statement (Privacy Statement) applies to First Bank online services (i.e. website, mobile, and social media applications), and explains how we collect, share and use your information when you visit or use a First Bank online service. You may also refer to our Consumer Privacy Notice, which explains our practices surrounding the collection, use, and sharing of your personal information when you obtain a financial product or service for a personal, family, or household purpose.
If you are a California resident, you may have additional rights; please see “CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS”, below. If you are a California resident who has obtained a financial product or service for personal, family, or household purposes, please refer to our Consumer Privacy Notice.
Your Personal Information
As a client or prospective client you may visit our website or use one of our other online services. First Bank may collect personal information from or about you such as, but not limited to: contact information including your name, mailing address, email address, one or more telephone numbers, and your bank account numbers. We may collect location information such as a zip code to help you find a nearby First Bank branch. We may also collect additional information which may include credit or debit card information, social security number(s), driver's license numbers and a user name or password. This is common information you use while accessing our online banking services and which First Bank requires for identification and security purposes.
We may share your information with our service providers, such as data processors and companies that help us market our products and services to you. When permitted or required by law, we may share information with third parties for purposes such as responding to a specific legal process.
Use of Your Personal Information
We will use the information we collect in a variety of ways, including processing transactions such as a home loan request, verifying your identity, improving the security of your account through fraud detection and other means, responding to your requests and communicating with you, managing your specific preferences such as passwords and login credentials, complying with applicable legal requirements, and for other purposes that we may disclose at the time we collect your personal information.
We may also gather and collect other information about your online usage. For example, when you access our website, we will display specific graphics and product offers by aligning those graphics and offers with your computer or device’s specific IP address. We also collect information about site usage to ensure the site is functioning properly, determine the effectiveness of site content, and analyze site usage metrics.
Either First Bank or our third-party partners, including Ad Roll, may track and analyze your online behavior to send you targeted First Bank digital advertisements. This process occurs by identifying specific technologies which collect and store information about your visit behavior, or use of our online services.
Technologies We and Our Third Party Advertising Partners Use
First Bank uses technologies such as cookies and pixels to anonymously keep track of your activities on our website and our advertiser's websites, so that we may serve you more relevant advertisements. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your device for record-keeping purposes. Session cookies expire when you close your browser. Persistent cookies remain on your device for an extended period of time. We and our third party partners use session cookies and persistent cookies.
We use persistent cookies to keep track of your activities when you visit our website or our advertisers' websites, and to serve you relevant First Bank advertisements. Our advertising partners (including Recrue Media and Frequence) also place persistent cookies on your device when you visit our website in order to help serve relevant First Bank advertisements to you when you visit websites in their networks. This is how the process works: when you visit our website, a pixel on our site causes a persistent cookie to be set in your browser. When you leave our website and visit another website, our advertising partners are able to recognize that cookie if the other website is also an advertising partner with that website provider.
You may use the following link to view and set your choices regarding the advertisement mechanisms of our advertising partners, Recrue Media and Frequence: http://www.youradchoices.com/privacy.aspx
Removal of Cookies
You can remove cookies from your browser by following the directions provided in your Internet browser's "help" file. You may also decline cookies if your browser permits, but please be aware that doing so may interfere with your use of our website.
Accessing First Bank with a Mobile Device
Links To Third Party Websites
Our website has links to third party sites, which are offered as a courtesy and a convenience to our clients. We will notify you via a browser pop-up message when you are being directed to a third party site. You will be given the option to proceed to the third party site or to remain on www.first.bank. First Bank is not responsible for the information practices of sites linked to or from our website. Please review the privacy and information security policies of those sites prior to providing any personal information, as their practices may differ from First Bank’s.
Our website and social media sites are not directed to minors under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly solicit or collect online personal information from individuals under the age of 13.
Our website and social media sites are not directed to minors under the age of 18.
Visit our Security Hub for additional information about how we protect your personal information. Please note that information you send to us electronically may not be secure when it is transmitted to us. We recommend that you do not use unsecure channels to communicate sensitive or confidential information (such as your social security or bank account numbers) to us.
Updating Your Personal Information
It is very important to keep your account information accurate and up to date. You can access your account information through various means, such as telephone banking, online banking, and the First Bank Service Center. To update your account information, please request changes at your local branch, through the First Bank Service Center, with your financial advisor, or your First Bank Banking Specialist.
Social Media Policy
First Bank’s purpose in having a presence in various social media sites is to engage with our current and potential clients. By sharing over 100 years of experience and knowledge with our communities, our goal is to build a stronger relationship with our clients in the communities that we serve.
Our social media sites are NOT intended to serve as a client service channel, although your comments are always welcome. However, if you need assistance with your account, please contact the First Bank Service Center at 800-760-2265 or visit us at www.first.bank to find a location near you. If you post a comment on any of our social media sites, the First Bank Service Center may reach out to assist with any questions or concerns regarding your experience with us. For your own protection, you should never post an account number, telephone number, or any other personal identifying information on a social media site.
The social media sites that First Bank participates in are owned by third parties and are not affiliated with First Bank. Each site has its own policies and procedures that you have agreed upon by using their product. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy and security policy posted on each social media site you use, for your own protection.
First Bank does not tolerate inappropriate comments from users. We reserve the right to remove any posts or comments that we in our own discretion deem inappropriate.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident with one of the following relationships, please read this section carefully as it provides information regarding your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA):
- Employee of First Bank or applicant for employment at First Bank
- Individual with a business relationship, such as a sole proprietorship or d/b/a account
- Individual who is an authorized signer on a business account
- Individual who is a guarantor on a business or commercial loan
- Non-client of First Bank who has interacted with the Bank’s webpage or social media sites
- Trustee for a trust
- Beneficiary for a trust for which First Bank is trustee
- Participant in a 401(k) or pension plan that First Bank sponsors or is a trustee or fiduciary of.
Right to Know
You have the right to know what personal information we collect, sell and disclose. We do not sell personal information. You have the right to request that we disclose the personal information that we have collected, used, disclosed and sold in the preceding twelve (12) months. We have not sold personal information in the preceding twelve months. At present, business-to-business transactions that we engage in are exempt from most CCPA requirements. However, because we believe transparency is important, we are disclosing the types of information that we collect, use, and disclose, in typical transactions. Likewise, the CCPA presently exempts personal information relating to employees from most requirements. We disclose the categories of personal information we collect and the reasons for doing so to the individuals with business transactions noted above and to applicants for employment. For other individuals described above, we will disclose your specific information, upon request and after we confirm your identity by matching information you provide to information we have on file. We may ask you to provide a government-issued photo identification, such as a driver’s license, as part of the verification process; however, we will not retain information from your identification.
In order to request the information noted above, use our web form or call (800) 760-2265.
Right to Request Deletion of Your Personal Information
You have the right to submit a request asking us to delete your personal information. We may deny your request if we need your information to provide you with a product or service, comply with federal or state laws or regulations, detect security incidents, for fraud prevention, or for certain other internal uses. We must verify your identity prior to deleting your information. We do this by matching information you provide to information we have on file. We may ask you to provide a government-issued photo identification, such as a driver’s license, as part of the verification process. We will not retain information from your government-issued identification. If your request is denied, we will tell you the reason for denial. We may deny your request if we are unable to verify your identity.
To request deletion of your personal information, please call the First Bank Service Center at 800-760-2265 or visit any First Bank branch.
Requests Submitted by Authorized Agents
You may authorize an individual or business registered with the California Secretary of State to submit a request on your behalf. In order for us to process the request, we must have a written document, signed by you, giving your authorized agent permission to make the request on your behalf. In order to protect your personal information, we may also verify your identity and/or confirm that you gave the authorized agent permission to submit the request(s). Your authorized agent may make a request by following the instructions in the “Right to Know” and “Right to Request Deletion of Your Personal Information” paragraphs, above.
Right to Opt Out of the Sale of Your Personal Information
The CCPA gives you the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information. First Bank does not sell personal information.
Right to Non-Discrimination for Exercising Your CCPA Rights.
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for exercising your privacy rights under the CCPA. First Bank will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights.
First Bank’s Recent Information Collection and Sharing Practices
We believe it is important you know and understand the types of personal information we collect and share and our reasons for doing so. We have outlined below our practices regarding the collection, use and sharing of personal information in the preceding twelve months:
Categories of Personal Information we collected:
- Identification Information, such as your name, address, email address, driver’s license number, social security number, date of birth, telephone number, and account name(s) and number(s).
- Commercial Information, such as the type, terms, and balances of products and services you have with us or that you applied for, financial information, such as your cash and account balances, property owned, and the balances of outstanding loans and bills payable
- Demographic information, such as your age, ethnicity, race, citizenship, source of income, or veteran status.
- Internet/Other Electronic Network Activity Information, such as your IP address, browsing and search history, comments on any of the Bank’s social media pages, and information such as your User ID and information about payees in our Bill Pay and other online payment services.
- Geolocation Data, such as your location when you used an online service.
- Audio, Electronic, Visual, or Similar Information, such as photographs of events, including attendees, security footage, and images submitted to our social media sites, and electronic information, such as email correspondence and information entered on our website and other online services.
- Professional/Employment-Related Information, such as detail regarding your current and/or past employment and professional credentials.
- Education Information, such as your educational history, the names of educational institutions you attended and any degrees conferred.
- Profile Inferences. Information about your account usage, payment history and demographic information, such as your age and income.
Personal Information was collected from the following sources:
- You, or your authorized agent, when you completed an application or other required form
- Our employees
- Our service providers
- Your employer(s)
- Your educational institution(s)
- Our marketing service providers
- Our social media, website, and other online services
- Consumer reporting agencies
- Government entities
- Other financial institutions
We collected your Personal Information for the following business purposes:
- To verify your identity and authenticate transactions you initiated
- To process your applications for Bank products and services and to service your accounts with us
- To perform services on your behalf, such as processing transactions related to your accounts
- To review your use of our products and services
- To document our compliance with antidiscrimination laws and regulations
- To contact you when necessary
- To evaluate your creditworthiness and report to consumer reporting agencies, such as credit bureaus
- To file required reports with federal and state agencies
- For fraud prevention and investigation
- To perform quality assurance monitoring
- To create profile information to predict future account performance
- In our online channels, to assist you in locating our nearest branch
- For risk management and security purposes
We collected your Personal Information for the following commercial purposes:
- To inform you of other products and services that we believe would be beneficial to you
- To create profile information to enhance our marketing efforts
We disclosed the categories of Personal Information listed above for business purposes. Disclosure was made to the following categories of third parties:
- Our service providers
- Third parties that you authorized us to disclose your information to
- Consumer reporting agencies
- Government agencies
- Law enforcement
We did not sell any categories of Personal Information for business or commercial purposes. As such, we do not have actual knowledge that we have sold personal information of consumers who are under 16 years of age.
Updates to this Privacy Statement. This Statement was last updated on May 14, 2021. We reserve the right to make changes to both our practices and this Privacy Statement, at any time. Please return to this site frequently to determine if changes have been made. If we make significant changes to this Privacy Statement, we will place a message on our homepage informing you of the change.
For More Information. If you have any questions or concerns about this Statement or First Bank’s privacy policies and practices, please contact the First Bank Service Center at 800-760-2265.