Life is expensive. And full of twists and turns. Sometimes it might seem like home ownership is way out of reach. But traditional financing isn't the only path. Government-backed loans cut buyers a break when it comes to down payment requirements and credit histories. With one in hand, you'll be able to make that move you've always wanted.
- Find an alternative route to financing if you're a first-time homebuyer or have a modest income.
- Make your purchase by putting down as little as 3.5%.
- Qualify even if your credit score isn't perfect.
- Use gifts from family members or employers, or a government grant, to meet financial requirements.
- Choose either fixed-rate or adjustable-rate loans.