Paystubs and purchase agreements. Tax documents and property descriptions. Yes, our checklists are pretty thorough. We promise that all this information plays an important role in qualifying you for a loan. And we also promise that we'll maintain the highest levels of confidentiality and security when handling your personal information.
If you are ready to apply for a home loan through First Bank Mortgage, here is a quick list of items we will ask of you when we begin the loan approval process.
- Personal check to pay for appraisal and credit report
- Name and address of all employers for the last two years including dates of employment and the human resource office phone number
- Account numbers, balances and monthly payments for all outstanding creditors. Common examples might be a credit card, car loan or a student loan.
- Your previous addresses for the past two years (if applicable)
- Photo identification. This is a federal requirement for financial institutions for any individual who opens an account.
- W-2 forms for the past two years
- Paycheck stubs covering your most recent 30 days of employment.
- Bank statements for past two months. Must include the financial institution name, address, specific account numbers and your account balance amounts.
- Asset account statements. Common examples include any type of IRA, 401(k), mutual funds and stock investments
- Copy of complete divorce decree (if applicable).
- Tax returns for the past two years. We will need to see all schedules for self-employed individuals with 25% or more ownership
- Copy of the listing, purchase agreement, or closing statement for your present home that is for sale or already sold
- All bankruptcy and discharge papers, if applicable
- Purchase agreement and all addendum signed by the buyer and seller if you are purchasing a home
- Realtor information. We will need the agency's name and their primary contact information.
- Property information listing sheet or computer print-out indicating lot size, taxes, square footage and year built
- Seller’s disclosure for home you are buying, if you're applying for a VA or FHA loan
- Certificate of eligibility, if you're applying for a VA Loan
- Copy of Warranty Deed, if the property you're purchasing is owned free and clear
- Phone number and address of your licensed builder, blueprint plans, legal description of lot, build specifications and a copy of the contract (This applies only for new home construction.)
Refinancing Your Home? We’ve Included a Home Refinance Checklist!
You’ve made an excellent choice to refinance your home with First Bank Mortgage. To expedite the refinancing process, we’ve included a list of items you’ll need to have on-hand and available:
- A current balance on all existing mortgages
- A current escrow balance on all existing mortgages
- Current property tax amounts
- A current homeowners insurance policy detailing the address of the covered property, dwelling coverage, along with the premium amounts and date of renewal
- Owner's Policy of Title Insurance that protects you against any unforeseen property title issues
- If you own your home or property and don't have a current loan against the property, please provide a copy of the Warranty Deed.
Personal Employment Details
A complete list of all employers for the last two years, including:
- Valid employment dates
- Human resource office phone numbers for each employer
- W-2 forms for the past two years
- Valid paycheck stubs for the prior 30 days
- Tax returns for the prior two years. Self-employed individuals should include schedules if 25% or more ownership is held
Personal Information Required
- Any previous addresses for the past two years
- Valid photo identification. This is a federal requirement for financial institutions for any individual who opens an account.
- All outstanding debt and creditors, including account numbers, current balance(s), and all monthly payments. This includes, for example, credit cards, student loans and car loans.
- Valid banking statements for the past two months, including financial institution name, address, and balances, and the account numbers for all accounts
- All account statements for assets, including 401(k), mutual funds, stocks, or any type of IRA account
- If you are divorced, please bring a copy of the official divorce decree and property settlement agreement.
- If applicable, bankruptcy and discharge papers
- A valid personal check or credit card number to pay for the credit report and appraisal.