Not all checking accounts are over-achievers, but First Performance Checking is. With this checking account, you'll rack up interest simply by meeting a few basic monthly requirements.
- Open account with just $100.
- Earn solid interest on your entire balance.
- Avoid paying monthly service charge of $15.00 when you have direct deposit of at least $250 and a minimum of 15 debit card transactions.
- Enjoy the convenience of free eBanking, Mobile Banking and eStatements.
- Access free money orders and cashier checks.
- Check out our other First Bank Checking products.
First Performance Checking FAQs
The interest rate will display as 0.00% because the rate plan for this product is in two different tiers. See Product Rate Sheet for the current Interest Rates.
Yes, once the first statement has generated you will be able to see the APY earned and interest earned on the account. After the first statement this will also populate the values in eBanking for the Last Statement APY earned and Interest YTD section.
If you are using mobile wallet functionality (Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, Google Pay) where the purchase transaction is utilizing the First Bank debit card tied to your Performance Checking, then yes, it will look just like a regular purchase. Account to Account transfers utilizing mobile wallet or an incoming Zelle transfer that uses the debit card does not count as a purchase.
No, there is a limit one per person (primary owner or TIN).
*First Performance Checking - Annual Percentage Yield. Interest rate is effective as of 01/17/2022. This is a variable rate account and the rate is subject to change. $100 minimum to open. 3.04% APY paid on balances up to $25,000 and then 0.10% on balances $25,000.01 and greater. Fees may reduce earnings. Limit one First Performance Checking per person.