How will you spend your summer? An internship at First Bank opens the doors to a wealth of information and opportunities.
This is a Internship Program for college level sophomores or juniors who are interested in gaining experience and developing their professional knowledge and skills. The program in its entirety will position First Bank employees as mentors to students. It will create an environment where our people can grow and learn, while also providing a foundation for students to grow personally and professionally.
It is a 10-week program whereby Interns are paired with mentors according to their degree program, but will also spend time learning about other departments within the bank. Interns who demonstrate a drive to succeed, have a strong interest in understanding the financial services industry and have a minimum GPA of 3.0 will qualify to participate in the program.
All applications will be received and reviewed from August through mid-September with telephone interviews conducted through mid-October. Candidates selected for final round interviews will take place mid-October through November. Offers will be extended to interns in November and December. Interns selected for the program will be matched with a department and a mentor within that department.
Our Internship Program is an important first step in building our future, serving as a key component to help develop, empower and reengage collegiate talent while also positioning candidates and First Bank for success. If you are interested in pursuing this amazing opportunity please apply below.
Summer Internship Program
First Bank's Summer Internship will provide you valuable knowledge and professional, practical experience in financial services. From the moment you join us, you will be a vital member of the team. You will focus on meaningful work assignments and gain insights into our bank and business. Our internship program is designed to help prepare and develop future organizational leaders through a variety of training, mentoring and team building activities. Our interns learn about First Bank's businesses and culture while developing practical skills necessary for future professional success. The 10-week Business Internship Program equips students with an understanding of working in an environment dedicated to exceeding client expectations and delivering products and services distinct to unique client needs.
During your summer at First Bank, the team you join will benefit from your commitment to hard work, your willingness to learn and ask questions, and the recent degree specific classes that you’ve taken. You will also have the chance to support your team through special assignments, and possibly support your community during volunteer activities.
First Bank is lucky to have such a wealth of knowledgeable, kind-hearted people and I am happy to have been granted the privilege of working with them. I was able to work on interesting projects while also developing skills that will undoubtedly benefit me in the future, and am incredibly grateful.
I really enjoyed working at First Bank. I found out very quickly, the marketing world is constantly moving; deadlines are changing, meetings are happening, and there is never a shortage of things to do!
Internships are typically available within the following lines of business and is based on candidates experience, major, interests and organizational priorities.
- Commercial Banking (which may include various market segments or Treasury Management)
- Wealth Management (which may include Estate Services, Trust Sales or FMFN)
- Corporate Operations (which may include Human Resources, Finance, Accounting or Marketing)
- Retail Banking (which may include Retail Sales Support, Customer Care or Centralized Sales)
- IT and many more.
- The opportunity to complete projects specific to your assigned line of business
- Mentoring activities to provide guidance in navigating daily responsibilities and First Bank culture
- Learning and development opportunities, including technical training within your assigned line of business, professional development courses and lunch & learn sessions
- Formal assessments to supply you with feedback to help prepare you for your future
- Informational sessions with bank executives
- Opportunities to build your social network with executives, employees and fellow interns
- An opportunity to return to campus with a positive impression of banking and the strong desire to pursue a career in banking upon graduation
- Undergraduate second semester sophomores, juniors and seniors
- Highly successful students with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Demonstrated leadership skills, community involvement and extracurricular activities
- Adaptability and the ability to learn quickly and handle unexpected challenges with maturity and professionalism
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office
- Driven and motivated with demonstrated teamwork and leadership ability
- Strong interest in the banking industry and desire to grow and develop a career at First Bank
- Permanent US work authorization required
Build a Career at First Bank
No running mindless errands here. Our interns make a real difference in the day to day operations of our company. From finance to employee engagement and everything in between, you’re sure to find an opportunity that gets you excited to come to work. Meet some of our interns and learn about their experiences at First Bank.
I worked at First Bank this summer as a Financial Analyst MBA Intern in their Financial Planning and Analysis team. After doing an experiential learning project with First Bank this spring as a Student Consultant from Washington University in St. Louis, I was lucky to be given the opportunity to work with them this summer.
As part of the team, I was assigned a project this summer, which required me to analyze a specific part of the banks revenue. My job was to delve deep into the revenue data as well as speak with different teams, look at industry trends and give recommendations around this data and to suggest any changes to make it more competitive moving forward.
In my MBA, I’m undertaking the Finance platform, and this was a good experience of the FP&A team and the corporate environment in America. This internship has been an invaluable contributor in my knowledge of Finance as well as commercial banking.
It is important to note that the bank operates under a high level of security/confidentiality for its customers and all financial information observed and discussed in meetings is to be kept confidential.